The UK Association was founded in 1992 to provide a nationwide umbrella organisation; since then the original vision has been fulfilled in the following ways:
- The provision of nationwide standards for Christian counselling and care.
- The provision of a nationwide system for the accreditation of Christian counsellors broadly acceptable to Christian churches, counselling organisations and the wider community
- The provision of a nationwide system for the recognition of training in Christian counselling and pastoral care.
- The provision of a body which represents Christian counsellors and develop relations with institutions such as the social services and health authorities, and with denominations and professional bodies.
- The encouragement, training and resourcing of Pastoral Carers.
The Association recognises that among Christians there is a great variety of approaches to counselling. Whereas it aims at high standards in practice and training it does not seek uniformity.
Mobile no: 07590109699. E-mail: email@example.com